The CDC has strict guidelines on the best way to choose hand sanitizers and face masks. When you pay attention on the best sanitizers and face masks, you will be in a better position to protect yourself from getting infected.
What are CDC’s guidelines for wearing masks?
Below are the CDC guidelines on Face Masks:
- Masks act as barriers against COVID droplets from entering your nose and mouth and have been shown to reduce the spread.
- People who are asymptomatic or are not displaying symptoms could also be carriers of the disease and when you wear a face mask you are limiting the spread.
- When people do not maintain social distancing, wearing a face mask is very important.
- Face masks must be mandatorily worn along with maintaining social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- It is advisable for people above 2 years to wear a mask when in public.
- A face mask must fit your face properly over your nose, mouth and chin, without any openings or gaps. Use the most comfortable and breathable face mask for your comfort.
- Do not wear loosely fit face masks.
- Wear a face mask with 2 and more layers, single-layer face masks are ineffective.
- It is always good to carry extra breathable masks with you when going outside, in case your masks gets dirty or soiled.
- Do not use masks with valves and vents, as the infection could spread through the valves.
- N95 face masks can be used on a rotation basis every 3-4 days. It is recommended not to use soap and water or alcohol to wash the face masks, as it reduces the filtering efficiency to 54% – 67%.
- N95 face masks can be heated for 60 min, steamed or boiled for 5 min, and then air-dried which helps in retaining the filtering efficiency between 92.4–98.5%.
What are CDC’s guidelines on Hand sanitizers?
Below are the CDC guidelines on hand sanitizers:
- The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) does not recommend making homemade sanitizers, as it has been found that it has caused skin burns or may not be effective in killing germs and viruses.
- It is also recommended to use at least 60% alcohol-based sanitizer, popularly known as ethanol or ethyl alcohol.
- Keep hand sanitizers out of reach of children.
- One can buy hand sanitizers from a reputed Ayurvedic store like Alpha Arogya.
- Monitor kids that they do not swallow the sanitizer.
- Rubbing the sanitizer properly on your hands so that it covers all parts of your hands, in between the fingers and nails.
- Rubbing the sanitizer for at least 20 seconds is recommended.
- It is always recommended to carry a pocket hand gel or sanitizer when outside your house or you do not have access to clean water and soap.
Apart from the above guidelines, we must be aware that germs and viruses are all around us. To stay safe from getting sick or catching any infection, using an alcohol-based ayurvedic anti-bacterial hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol quantity is effective, always wear a face mask and maintain social distancing.
For more information on Ayurvedic products to keep your safe and healthy during this pandemic, click here.