Everyone around the world is facing the COVID-19 outbreak which has changed our lifestyle completely. Everything we do or anywhere we go, we are taking extra care to protect ourselves. However, sometimes even after many precautions, we could get infected by the virus, could be because of Immune dysfunction and our body’s immunity is not strong to prevent the virus and you could go through severe symptoms.
When you experience symptoms of the virus, it is advisable that you immediately get yourself tested. If you are tested positive, it is important that you get yourself admitted into the hospital or get yourself home quarantined so that a doctor and a nurse could monitor and provide treatment to you at home.
There are many who have successfully fought the virus and are now recuperating at home, but the road to recovery can be a long one. Post-virus, patients face problems like mental health issues and weakness in their body. In research papers published in The Lancet Psychiatry in June 2020 and The Lancet Neurology in July 2020, a study has found that 1 in 3 people who had mild to severe symptoms of the virus are facing the post-viral fatigue syndrome that has resulted in psychological and neurological problems like headache, dizziness, loss of smell or taste, mood swings, low cognitive abilities, weakness in muscles, nerve damage, etc.
According to the World Health Organization, it could take weeks or months for some to recover fully. There may be some who may take longer to recover completely, both physically and mentally. It is important that you provide emotional support to your family and friends who had the virus to sail through any difficulties that they may face later.
When your body is healthy, you feel better and happy from inside. Your emotional well-being is important at this time. Following are some ways you can take complete care of yourself or your loved ones:
- Make sure that you give a lot of rest to your body and mind.
- Make sure you also eat immune-boosting foods to keep your body healthy.
- Your brain needs to build new cells and to help with that, learning new skills and hobbies is a good start. Play a new game like puzzles or a word game to stimulate new cell generation.
- Try to do some daily tasks which are simple and that do not stress you out.
- Avoid watching the TV or laptop or mobile for a long time. Half an hour during the day and half an hour in the evening are enough for you.
- Make sure you read positive quotes and news. Do not delve into negative news especially about the virus. It could demoralize some.
- Make efforts to do some physical exercise, it could be walking around the house, climbing a few steps, etc. Avoid rigorous exercise routine.
- Speak to a psychiatrist or specialist if you are still feeling overwhelmed by all this. Talking to a friend or close relative could also help you in times when you are anxious or depressed.
- Take help from your family in doing tasks at home, so that you do not stress yourself out.
How can Ayurveda provide support post-COVID?
Ayurveda has a treasure trove of ancient herbs that have medicinal values and immune boosters. Ayurvedic products are pure, non-toxic, and non-chemical that are safe to consume and helps to flush out stress hormones and improves metabolism in the body.
One of the best ayurvedic products online that you must have in your house is the Health Protection Kit or Alpha HPK. The Alpha HPK consists of three vials –
- Alpha A1 that helps to build your body’s immune cells,
- Alpha 21 helps in suppressing the mucus, soothing your throat and provide you relief from cough, and
- Alpha 11 heals you from headache and cold symptoms.
When you use Alpha HPK, you are making your body strong to fight against the virus. Even those who are home recuperating post-corona can use this and make their body stronger. Alpha HPK is manufactured by Alpha Arogya, an Ayurvedic company in Indore. Alpha HPK is easily available online and can be ordered through the Amazon India site.
Overcoming this difficult phase is very important for our wellbeing. Please take care, get well soon, and stay safe.